Saturday Mr. Bunch got the opportunity to go swimming for the first time. He didn't completely surprise us with his innate infant swim skills, but he didn't seem to hate it much either. We spent the afternoon with my cousin and her family, who couldn't have been more gracious hosts. Her little guy has turned into an amazing swimmer and it's doing wonders for his confidence. Go Jack!
Other than the usual chaos of our household, this week we've been busy with:
- Julia's first ever summer camp. She's played soccer, golf and tennis, swam, done arts & crafts (on the weak side but OK) and had PB&J for lunch for a week. She loves it and looks forward to going back in a couple of weeks. We love that she's been exposed to new activities and new people and seems to be doing great. The funniest part is that the one kid in her class who bugged her all year is in camp with her. Apparently, he's right back into his school routine and I think she secretly likes it.
- Potty training. The boy is stubborn. And can't be bothered to stop whatever he's doing to go the bathroom. But we're making progress. And I love seeing his little butt running around my house in underwear.
- Soccer. This is probably a whole post in itself. I signed Ethan up for soccer. He's one of the youngest kids there and is too busy picking at the grass, chasing bugs, and escaping to the playground equipment to pay attention to the coach. He gets tired and sits right in the middle of the field, or notices that he's falling behind the crowd and picks up his ball and runs to catch up. It is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed him doing. Julia saw him "playing" and decided that she wants to play too. Go Julia! So now we'll spend an hour and a half at the park every Tuesday while they do their thing. There are a lot worse ways to spend a summer afternoon.
- Julia's 7th tooth, the nasty gnarly one in front, finally made its exit. She's lost 7 teeth before she turned 6! What the hell? She's got friends who haven't lost any yet. The tooth fairy came. On to the next one.
- Eating. Tannaz brought over marinated carne asada & yummy fruits with lime and chile. I provided the homemade guacamole, margaritas and other stuff and we had a great time yesterday. She'll post all about it on her blog, I'm sure. Yum. The best part is all the leftovers.
That sums it up around here. If I can get some time to myself and/or scrap, it will make it the perfect long weekend. It's much cheaper than professional therapy. In the mean time, here's an apres (no accents in blogger?) swim photo to tide you over until next time.